The lens has a high constant aperture of f / 2.8, so it allows you to shoot in low light conditions, such as at dusk or indoors, but also to work precisely with depth of field. Thanks to its high brightness, it is possible to shoot with it in less time, even in low light, and achieve perfectly sharp images. The photographer thus gains creative freedom in various photographic situations.
The Canon RF 15-35MM F2.8L IS USM is a high-performance, ultra-wide zoom lens that offers flexibility in choosing your favorite short focal lengths. It is therefore ideal for those who photograph landscape or architecture. This is Canon’s widest lens with an aperture of f / 2.8. Thanks to these features, it will allow professional photographers to capture the scene in a dramatic perspective. The high brightness of f / 2.8 also predisposes this lens to professional sports, reportage and astronomical photography.
Professional glass for superior photo and video quality
The new lens is the first L-series wide-angle lens to feature image stabilization based on Canon’s innovative technology, which first appeared in EF-series lenses and allows a shift of up to five exposure values. So photographers and cameramen don’t have to worry about blurry images caused by camera shake. The dual-detection image stabilization system and the combined stabilization system improve the lens’s ability to detect shake and automatically detect when the unit is placed on a tripod and turn off stabilization in that case. Professional photographers can thus rely on their images to be perfectly sharp in all circumstances.
Canon RF 15-35 is equipped with Nano USM technology. The Nano USM motorized autofocus system was first introduced in the EF-S 18-135mm f / 3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. It features a high focus shooting speed and smooth, almost noiseless video recording. With no distracting focus sounds in the recording, the new lenses are an ideal tool for EOS R cameramen.
Professional control of all models as in the L series
In addition to a fully manual focusing ring, the RF 15-35 lens is equipped with a programmable control ring that can be assigned aperture, time, sensitivity or exposure compensation. The user can thus customize the lenses completely according to their preferences. The new lens is extremely durable and easy to use, as expected from the L series. It has increased resistance to dust and moisture and has a fluoride coating that repels grease and water on the front and rear optical elements.
The main features of the RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM lens:
- High quality ultra-wide angle lens
- The focal length range of 15-35mm is suitable for landscape or architecture photography.
- Constant high brightness f / 2.8 is ideal for shooting in low light conditions
- 3 aspherical elements and 2 very low dispersion (UD) elements ensure maximum resolution over the entire image area – image stabilization of up to five exposure values allows unsupported shooting even when long time
- Nano USM motor ensures fast, smooth and quiet focusing ideal for video recording
- Control ring allows direct adjustment of time, aperture or sensitivity
- Shortest focusing distance of 0.28 m at 0.22x magnification
- Nano structured SWC coating and ASC (Air Sphere Coating) anti-reflection coating prevents glare and ghosts that degrade image quality